A Shipping Policy is where you let your customers know important details about how you ship your goods.
This article will break down the benefits of having a Shipping Policy, and show you what information you should include in your policy. We’ve also put together a Sample Shipping Policy Template that you can use to help write your own.
Your Shipping Policy should inform your customers (or potential customers) about the following:
- What shipping options you offer (overnight, standard, air mail, international, domestic only, etc.)
- How much each shipping method will cost the customer
- How long each shipping method will typically take
- How long your handling time will be between when an order is placed and when it gets shipped
- If orders must be placed before a specific time to be counted as placed during that business day
- Any restrictions to where you can deliver (no P.O. boxes, not to specific states, etc.)
- Anything else that would be material to a customer when placing an order